Teen Checking Account
Good Habits Start Young!
Teach them financial independence. Help your teen learn money management skills as they transition into young adults. Learn first-hand banking experience and take advantage of free, interactive financial education resources, and more!
Meet Ross the Robot
Open a Teen Checking Account and receive your choice of a $10 Apple or Amazon gift card!
Teens get their own debit cards while parents stay connected with parental controls.
Teens can experience saving and spending first-hand with our state-of-the-art Online and Mobile Banking.
The Best Teen Checking Account.
State-of-the-art Mobile App
Birthday gifts, allowance, babysitting money—transferring money to your kid is a snap.
No fees and no minimums
Seriously—there are no monthly service fees or balance requirements.
Debit Card for Teens
Teens get independence, you get peace of mind with parental controls.
Benefits and Features
- Youth ages 13 - 17 years old are eligible
- They will receive a sweet account opening gift
- High-yield Checking Account - Earns monthly dividends. View rate
- Free debit card with parental controls
- First 25 checks free (optional)
- No minimum balance required
- Access to Online and Mobile Banking
- Up to 5 free foreign transaction fees - refunded at the end of each month
- Access to free, fun interactive financial education resources and more
- Free coin machine access
- Quarterly mailed Teen Newsletter
Ready to get started?
With your child, stop by any IFCU Branch location with the following:
- A deposit of $5 into a Youth Savings Account to become an IFCU member, giving them access to all the benefits of membership! (If your teen already has Youth Savings Account, the initial $5 deposit is not needed)
- Parent or guardian valid government-issued photo ID
- Social Security Card
- Legal guardianship documents (if applicable)
- Parent / legal guardian membership (Parent or legal guardian must be an IFCU member or become a member first)
Fun Interactive Financial Education
Figure them out with the Banzai Coach:
Teen Checking Account Rates
Rates effective May 1, 2022
|Account Type||Balances||Dividend Paid 4/30/22||APY*|
|Teen Checking (Dividends are compounded and paid monthly)||$0.01-$24999||0.10%||0.10%|
|$25000 and over||0.10%||0.10%|
* Annual Percentage Yield (APY); assumes that dividends remain in the account until maturity.