Youth Savings Account
It's never too early to start saving for a bright future!
IFCU's Youth Savings accounts are special accounts designed to teach kids the importance of saving! Check out your amazing benefits and financial education resources.
Meet Ross the Robot
Your child will receive dividends on their savings quarterly on balances $0.01 and more!
Grab some cool IFCU swag just for opening your savings account. Then be on the lookout for your personalized Member Card and quarterly newsletter.
All Savings Account members will be entered into a monthly prize drawing. Want your name entered more? The higher your savings balance, the more times your name is entered!
The best kids savings account.
Savings Milestone Goals
Encourage your kids to save and grow their balances. The more they save, the more chances to win.
Free Financial Education
Access to fun interactive financial education, teaching them the basics of money management.
High-yield Savings Account
Interest is earned on any balance. They'll feel all grown up watching their money grow.
Learn. Earn. Grow. Kick-start your child's financial journey with a high-yield Savings Account. Let them watch their money grow, have them set goals and learn first-hand banking experience with fun interactive education resources, and more!
Benefits and Features
- For ages 17 and under
- One-time $5 deposit is required to become an IFCU member, giving them access to all the benefits of membership!
- They will receive a sweet account opening gift
- High-yield Savings Account - Earns quarterly dividends. View rate
- Printed member card
- Savings tracker and activity book
- Each time they make a deposit in a branch, they will receive a small gift
- Set goals for their savings and get them entered into a monthly prize drawing. The number of times they are entered each month depends on the balance in their savings account at the end of each month
- $5 - $99 balance = 1 entry
- $100 - $249 balance = 2 entries
- $250 - $499 balance =3 entries
- $500 - $999 balance = 4 entries
- $1000 and greater balance = 5 entries
- They'll have free coin machine access, so bring in all their change
- Quarterly mailed Youth Newsletter
- Access to free, fun interactive financial education resources and more
Ready to get started?
With your child, stop by any IFCU Branch location with the following:
- A deposit of $5 into a Youth Savings Account to become an IFCU member, giving them access to all the benefits of membership!
- Parent or guardian valid government-issued photo ID
- Social Security Card
- Legal guardianship documents (if applicable)
- Parent / legal guardian membership (Parent or legal guardian must be an IFCU member or become a member first)
Fun Interactive Financial Education
Youth Savings Rate
Rates effective May 1, 2022
|Account Type||Balances||Dividend Paid 6/30/21||APY*|
|Youth Savings (Minimum balance to open is $5.00. Dividends are compounded and paid quarterly)||$0.01-$24999||0.15%||0.15%|
|$25000 and over||0.15%||0.15%|
* Annual Percentage Yield (APY); assumes that dividends remain in the account until maturity.